Dreamers

Just came to read a book that contains a part saying this:

A: "If you had all the money in the world, where would you travel to?"
B: "I would fly to California to visit my sister. I haven't seen her in 14 years and i would love to see her. Especially before her children get any older. That would be my dream vacation."
A: "But that would only cost you about $500 dollars. Why don't you do that today?"
B: "Oh, i will, but not today. I'm just too busy right now."
Later in life, you can hear them say, "You know, i should have done that years ago, but i just never got around to doing it."

This type of people is more common than everyone thought. Many people live their lives having dreams they know they can achieve, but they never seem to get around to living their dreams.

This paragraph stroke me right. I should had flown into Texas to see Jim when i was in the States last year. He has been telling me his health has deteriorated very fast... If we ever get to meet face to face, it will most likely in the other world...

I did not take his words seriously. Miracle doesn't happen this time. I started to worry when all my mails got bounced back, when i heard no voicemail in his voice saying, "Hi, you've reached Jim's voicemail, please leave your msg after the beep..." but a recorded voice from telco saying, "The number you're trying to reach has been disconnected." These were not good signs to me. But i tried to think positively that he might have moved out. I basically has no way to get hold of him anymore. So i gave up for couple of months thinking that it was one of the stations in my life and i just have to move on.

Until last night, i remembered about the Status Report that he sent out last 2 years to his family members and close friends that he included me in the list. i was 1 out of the 15 that was put in the list when he sent out the annual status report of himself. My honor to be in the top list. i obtained others' email addresses, and without waiting anymore, i sent out mails to all hoping to get an answer from those who are close to him physically. An hour later, there was a reply from his good friend, it was very upsetting that i had to hear about Jim in this way.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Yes, please treasure the people around you while they are still around. Don't wait.

Popular posts from this blog

Re: Just Do It

回忆

Pickup & Delivery Laundry Buffet Package in KL & Penang - EasyWash